Prince of Peace
The Prince of Peace is here. “For a child is born to us. A son is given to us; and the government will be on His shoulders. His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” ~Isaiah 9:6 WEB
When there are wars and rumors of wars, we can turn to the Word of God for it is in Him we find peace, comfort, hope and joy. May we find comfort in these 10 verses about God’s peace.
10 Bible Verses about God’s Peace
- “In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust.” ~Psalm 4:8 AMPC
- “The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.” ~Psalm 29:11 NASB
- “Deceit is in the heart of those who devise evil, but counselors of peace have joy.” ~Proverbs 12:20 NASB
- “Blessed [spiritually calm with life-joy in God’s favor] are the makers and maintainers of peace, for they will [express His character and] be called the sons of God.” ~Matthew 5:9 AMP
- “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” ~John 14:27 NASB
- “May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope.” ~Romans 15:13 AMPC
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” ~Galatians 5:22-23 WEB
- “And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ’s] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].” ~Colossians 3:15 AMPC
- “Grace, mercy, and peace (inner calm, a sense of spiritual well-being) will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father’s Son, in truth and love.” ~2 John 1:3 AMP
- “May mercy and peace and love be multiplied to you [filling your heart with the spiritual well-being and serenity experienced by those who walk closely with God].” ~Jude 1:2 AMP
God’s Peace Guards Us
Thank you, Lord, for giving us peace when we rise up, when we sit down, when we walk along the way and even when we sleep. Thank you for being the Prince of Peace who leads us in peace. Thank you, Lord, for a peace that passes all understanding and that guards our hearts and minds in You. Thank you for being with us, Lord. We trust You, we look to You and we choose to live in Your peace today. Amen.
Amplified Bible, Classis Edition (AMPC) Copyright 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation.
New American Standard Bible 1995 (NASB 1995), copyright 1960, 1971, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation.
Peace Bible Verses. Published by Bible Study Tools on March 30, 2021. Retrieved February 25, 2022, from https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/peace-bible-verses/
Bible Gateway Blogger Grid Member #bgbg2 #BibleGateway
Every Friday, I join an online Christian writing community, Five Minute Friday. We are given a one-word prompt and write – unscripted, unedited, pure free-write – for 5 minutes. The prompt this week is peace.