Let Me Introduce Myself!
Hi! My name is Lisa. I desire to encourage you in your relationship with Jesus!
I started this blog, Strength with Dignity, to:
- Encourage you in your walk with God.
- Inspire you to go deeper in prayer and His Word.
- Share nuggets of wisdom from: my 30+ years as a wife, as a mother of many, from my 26+ years as a teacher-at-home, and in walking in God’s grace in the midst of daily life.
- Strengthen you in whatever stage of life you find yourself: single, married, divorced, widowed. Full-nest, partial-nest, or empty nest. Real Christian community is running towards God together.
- Inspire others to delight themselves in the Lord and receive the truth that He delights in us. My prayer is that you would sense and know how high, how deep, and how wide IS HIS LOVE.
My Family: My husband of 30+years and I have chosen to be a household of faith and to raise our children to love and honor God, serve others, and enjoy this great adventure called LIFE.
My husband and I sought to build a springboard under our children which would propel and release them into their unique callings, giftings, and destinies.
My Writing: As a Christian writer, I believe the power of God can set the captives free. I believe God uses His Word and the intercessory prayer of His People to further His Kingdom. I want to be sensitive to God’s still, small voice and I want to be obedient to obey His gentle leading. I desire for people to encounter Jesus’ heart, know His love, sense His presence, and live in His peace. I pray God will bless you today!
My free time: I enjoy reading many genres; you can connect with me on GoodReads. I enjoy tending to my climbing roses and other small flower garden areas in my backyard. Being outside with God and beautiful flowers helps me reflect and appreciate the little things in life. It’s good to stop and smell the roses! I enjoy writing encouraging notes to others and I have pursued learning handlettering to aid me in making my notes prettier for those who receive them. I enjoy photography via my iPhone. I enjoy capturing scenes in nature and special moments with my family.
Digital Service: I digitally give to the world through writing travel reviews and posting photos on TripAdvisor. Most of my adventures are day trips throughout the great state of Texas. However, I do venture out of Texas from time-to-time, so other states are included too. I review gardens, museums, restaurants and hotels.
Community Service: I volunteer at our local chapter of Friends of Foster Grandparents. Foster Grandparents are low income senior citizens who earn a small stipend helping children at daycares and in tutoring children in public schools. It’s a win-win for the senior citizens and the children who are helped by them. Friends of Foster Grandparents administer the Foster Grandparent program, do trainings, and assist the grandparents by informing them of other community services available to them, such as Meals on Wheels. If you are interested in knowing more, you can go to Friends of Foster Grandparents and contact the office in your area.